If you own a piece of commercial property, you probably know that you will eventually be confronted with the task of replacing an old roof. Although you may have never had to deal with a new roofing installation project, the process isn’t difficult when you have the best professional contractors on the job and a basic understanding of your different roofing material options. In this post, we will uncover four of the most common and dependable roofing materials to consider when installing a new roofing system on your commercial building.
- EPDM Roofing: The EPDM roofing material is among some of the longest lasting roofing systems. Thanks to the material being both versatile and highly durable, commercial property owners can expect it to last for decades. The EPDM roofing material is quite popular because it is fairly easy to install, maintain, and repair if needed.
- Thermoplastic Roofing: One of the most appealing upsides of a thermoplastic roof is its long lifespan of twenty years or more. Thermoplastic roofing material is also highly resistant to strong winds, punctures, fire, and chemicals. This material is also resistant to both ozone and ultraviolet exposure. It has become one of the most common roofing systems chosen by commercial property owners today. Its material is exceptionally durable and is designed to be tolerant of high temperatures while being flexible for low temperatures as well.
- Green Roofs: Green roofing systems have rapidly become one of the most common materials being used by commercial properties today. While going green wasn’t much of a priority just a few years ago, commercial property owners are recognizing the value of a green roof and the way it positively influence’s their professional image and brand. Many commercial property owners who opt for green roofing systems have discovered that the roof’s insulation value has gone up considerably. This not only saves on heating and cooling expenses, but it drastically increases the lifespan of the roof by up to two or even three times longer. Sedum green roofs are, in most cases, flat and are covered in soil and vegetation. Sometimes the roof is covered completely or just partially.
- Photovoltaic Solar Panels: Solar energy roofing systems, like green roofing materials, have become increasingly popular over the years. This is because commercial property owners are looking for sustainable options to help them save on energy costs. While PV roof panels are getting more attention and many commercial properties are beginning to use them, they still aren’t considered to be as common as the aforementioned materials or traditional roofing systems. But when commercial properties do use this solar energy roofing system, sunlight is absorbed and turned into energy to power the building.
- Metal Roofing: Metal roofing material remains one of the most widely used roofing systems for commercial properties. That is because this system comes with a variety of attractive features including affordability, easy installation, and aesthetically pleasing elements. Usually, metal roofing allows for different color and texture options to choose from. Aside from being easy to install and maintain, metal roofing systems also offer great protection, installation, and are highly durable. You can also look into the option of getting a metal coating to further lengthen the lifespan of the metal roof.
Need more advice on finding the best roofing material for your commercial property? Don’t hesitate to contact us today. If you have any questions regarding commercial or residential construction, roofing, window installation, or any other service, we would be happy to talk to you! Get a hold of our team of experts today to discuss your construction needs and get a free quote on your project.